When it comes to search engine optimization (SEO), many business and website owners feel overwhelmed. It can seem like an ever-changing field, and it can be difficult to know where to start or who to trust for help. But how do you go about finding the right SEO specialist or company to work with, and what should you expect from them?
This article discusses how to outsource SEO services and get the results you need. We’ll also share some tips on what to look for in an SEO provider.
Why SEO Is Valuable
At its core, SEO is all about making your site visible and easy-to-find for search engines like Google. Businesses use SEO best practices to make their website show up in organic (unpaid) search engine results when someone searches for topics related to their business –– such as “coffee shops near me” or “family dentists.”
Organic search results are what most of us think of when we hear the term “SEO,” but there’s a lot more to it than that. There are hundreds of small things you can do on your website and off-site to improve your SEO ranking, including:
- Controlling how people reach your website (through domain name selection, site architecture, etc.)
- Hiding content from search engines, but making it accessible to users
- Optimizing your content for readability and CTR (Click-Through Rate)
- Using keywords in the right places
- Building backlinks from other websites to yours
- Leveraging social media accounts to increase traffic and visibility
The list goes on! SEO is a huge field, which is why many business owners decide outsourcing is the best way forward.
What Is SEO Outsourcing?
SEO outsourcing means hiring an external provider to manage your SEO for you. An outsourced specialist can provide services such as on-page optimization, off-page optimization (link building), and manage technical issues like site architecture and crawling. Depending on the needs of your business, you might focus on one area or have an agency who can do it all.
SEO outsourcing is a practical choice for many companies because it allows them to save time and energy, while boosting SEO results on the back end. In contrast, if an in-house marketing person tries to do all of this themselves, they’re likely to spend more hours at work every week doing things that could easily be done by someone else. It’s a good way to delegate and free up time, energy, and resources for other tasks.
Outsourcing SEO Services: What To Expect
An outsourced SEO specialist has the experience and knowledge needed to maximize your ranking for relevant search terms — without all of those hours of frustration you might otherwise spend trying to learn through trial-and-error. Plus, they’ll be able to take advantage of current trends so your site is always optimized with the latest best practices.
Once you’ve decided to take the plunge and outsource SEO projects, what type of company or specialist should you look for? Well, that depends on a few factors. For example:
- What is your budget? If money isn’t an issue, having a dedicated, in-house SEO specialist might be a good option. However, if you’re looking to save money or don’t want to pay monthly retainers, there are outsourcing companies (like C9 Staff) with a network of professional search marketers who can provide the same, if not better, services for a lower fee.
- Who will be doing the actual work? If you’d like to oversee every piece of the process yourself but need help with execution, it may make sense to partner with an outsourced SEO specialist. If you want to get things started and then let the experts take care of the rest, an outsourcing company with a wide range of expertise in-house might be for you.
- How hands-on do you need to be? Once your site is up and running in search engines, many service providers will continue optimizing it according to industry standards. Others may require more direct input from clients. Either way, careful upfront communication about expectations will help ensure everything goes smoothly when working with an outsourced SEO provider or team.
The approach to outsourcing varies on your business’ needs, but the general steps for effective SEO outsourcing are as follows:
- Look for a reputable SEO service specialist with a proven track record.
- Identify what your business needs, and set measurable goals.
- Discuss strategies with your SEO provider, and create an action plan.
- Start with a basic package and then agree to expand your budget later, depending on performance and needs.
- Set a schedule to meet and talk about updates, progress reports, and other matters.
Expertise aside, the key to succeeding in outsourcing your SEO projects is constant communication. Your chosen SEO specialist should provide you with reports on your business’ performance regularly and should be able to adjust as needed as your expectations evolve.
Benefits of Outsourcing SEO Services
One benefit of outsourcing your SEO is that your assigned expert(s) are likely to already know their niche inside and out. This means they’ll start seeing results much faster than if you were trying to learn the ropes yourself. They may also be able to hit the ground running with some existing relationships in place, which can help your company pick up steam quickly and get on the map.
Another benefit of outsourcing your SEO projects is that an outsourced specialist or team has access to resources you might not. For example, they may have access to tools (like backlink crawlers) that are prohibitively expensive for clients not willing to invest in their own SEO arsenal. That’s why many companies choose this route, so they don’t need to reallocate precious budget dollars toward informational assets like these.
Regardless of what type of service you’re looking for, a good rule of thumb is: when in doubt, outsource! You’ll be glad you did.
Ready For SEO Outsourcing? C9 Staff Can MakeThings Easy
An SEO company is a great option for business owners looking to outsource to a specialist. C9 Staff provides efficient end-to-end offshore outsourcing solutions that connect top digital marketing talent directly to businesses around the world — at a price that’s up to 70% lower than hiring from within the U.S.
If you’re interested in learning more about how C9 Staff can help your company achieve its SEO goals, check out our website or schedule a free consultation. We have the information on how SEO outsourcing can drive traffic and conversions for your business.